Runaway Cinderella

Running from a perfect world, trying to find her wild side...

20081028

Invisible girl with her heart on her sleeve...

Wow. Hello intensity. College is crazy. I mean, I knew it WOULD be, but it's insane. I mean, I have SO many syllabi to keep track of, so many projects due that I can hardly remember what it was like to just sit for an hour and not think about work.

And yet, these 2 months have been the best of my life. I found friends here who love me like crazy, who have the same goals in life and understand my belief system--in fact, they share it. To sit down and read my Bible for half an hour with one of them is so amazing. A lot of people think that reading the Bible SO much here must be such a chore. It's the farthest from that. I mean, it's basically God's love letter to the world, telling us what he did for us and how much he cares. It's really special to share that with someone else who loves you. There's a bond formed there.

I've never had much of a social life, not because I was homeschooled but just because I sort of chose to avoid those things. I wasn't confident enough to get involved, or if I wanted to be, hey, I couldn't get there. Now, though, there are things to do and people to hang out with. Studying in a group is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and works a lot better. I'm getting to experience things I've never gotten to before, and it's unbelievable. People WANT to hang out with me. People say hi to me when they pass me, they know my name, and they smile at me. They pray for me when I'm having a hard day. They were right there as soon as I found out my mom has a lump in her breast that doctor's can't identify.

My GPA is doing great, though dropping from a 4.0 in high school--which I never had to study for--to a 3.47 here that I'm working my butt off for is a little disappointing. Still, I knew it was going to happen, I still have honors, and if I work REALLY hard I might be able to make the Dean's List either by the end of the semester or in one of the next years.

Overall, my life is amazing right now. It's had its ups and downs, and it's not without stress. But still, it's awesome. I'm not invisible anymore. Some people don't know how good of a feeling that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home